OPERATION OF INFORMATION ASSISTANCE CENTRE (IAC) ADDRESSED TO REFUGEES, ASYLUM SEEKERS AND OTHER VULNERABLE GROUPS IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF IOANNINA
KEAN – Cell of Alternative Youth Activities, in partnership with the Municipality of Ioannina, established and operationalizes the Information Assistance Centre (IAC), which is co-funded by UNHCR United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
The Information Assistance Centre (IAC) has been established with the aim to facilitate the access of refugees, asylum seekers (PoCs) and other vulnerable groups who are residing in Epirus Region, to public services with a view to enhance the perspective of local integration. In addition, the operation of the Centre aims at strengthening horizontal and streamlined information sharing between local institutions and PoCs.
The Centre operates in Aravantinou Street No 6A on a daily basis from Monday to Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 16.00 p.m. and provides support and consultancy services concerning:
- the issuance of Social Security Number, VAT identification number and Health Insurance Card, in accordance with the foreseen procedure and the applicable legislation;
- the access to Social Solidarity Services and support services for applying for the Social Solidarity Income (ΚΕΑ);
- the registration in the Manpower Employment Organization (OAED) and the granting of Unemployment Card;
- the issuance of Bank Account;
- the enrolment of children in Primary and Secondary Schools;
- the protection of their rights.
The multidisciplinary team of the Centre consists of cultural mediators / interpreters, legal advisor, social worker, educator and financial and administrative staff, which is responsible for the smooth functioning of the Centre and the proper and complete provision of services.
The ultimate goal of the Centre’s operation is to facilitate the access of PoCs, who are accommodated in sites and accommodation schemes in Epirus region, to public services, such as in health and social insurance services, to offer legal aid and to facilitate their access in labour market in order for them to become self-assured, self-reliant and more independent and be able to progressively build their lives outside the accommodation centres and sites as part of the Greek society and therefore as part of local communities.
IAC - Information Assistance Centre
Αravantinou 6Α, Ioannina
Contact No: (+) 30 2651 0 38024 & (+) 30 210 26 92 880