5 Participating countries:
The aim of this Youth Exchange is to generate a space of analysis and awareness-raising about the migration process in the Mediterranean Sea. The idea is to open a dialogue under the human rights approach and share alternatives for this humanitarian crisis. We want to use the digital communication tools and the new media to speak about migrants from the only possible perspective: as PEOPLE and LIVES, in order to promote action against this human rights violation.
Objectifs of the project
The specific objectives of the Youth Exchange “Breaking the wall” are:
- To raise awareness on the immigration problems in the Mediterranean Sea and think about responsibilities and challenges involved;
- To provide an opportunity to reflect and search for alternatives to this issue together;
- To exchange knowledge and experiences with the participating NGOs;
- To create effective tools which can contribute in solving the immigration crisis;
- Networking between different NGOs, media channels and stakeholders to expand future initiatives and set up a “Mediterranean immigration watch”.
In addition to this, this project will be an excellent opportunity for people who work in the field to share experiences, good practices and for informal partnership building.
KEAN – Cell of Alternative Youth Activities
via dei Frentani, 81 – 66100 Chieti (Italy)
United Colors of Humanity
Organisation type: Non governmental organisation (NGO)