ESC – European Solidarity Corps Volunteering Project (former EVS) in Athens – Greece
October 2019 – March 2020
Are you between 18-30 from Spain, Italy, Cyprus or Slovakia?
Would you like to volunteer abroad?
Did you ever want to visit Greece and the city of Athens?
Then our Volunteering project “Youth4Youth is the perfect opportunity!
NGO KEAN – Cell of Alternative Youth Activities will give the opportunity to 4 young people between the ages of 18 and 30, from Cyprus, Italy, Spain and Slovakia to travel to Athens-Greece and experience what is really like to volunteer abroad, through the European Solidarity Corps Volunteering Project entitled “Youth4Youth” (Y4Y).
The project “Youth4Youth” is a Volunteering project that will take place in the city of Athens in Greece and will last for 6 months (184 days + 2 travel days).
The main topics addressed by the activity are cultural diversity and exchange as well as intercultural dialogue, environmental awareness, quality use of youth free time and volunteering.
During the activity, the volunteers will contribute with their ideas, knowledge and skills to the implementation of qualitative activities for local youngsters in need of empowerment. They will engage in diverse activities for young people such as language exchanges, cultural tandems, art labs, music workshops, environmental laboratories, coding lessons and more.
Some Indicative Tasks & Activities:
- Developing and organising the weekly activities of the “Youth Center” in collaboration with the task coordinator.
- Preparing the sessions of the “Youth Center” (language exchanges, cultural tandems, art labs, music workshops, environmental laboratories, coding lessons, etc.). Designing an accurate plan, preparing needed materials and logistics.
- Implementing and supporting the activities of the “Youth Center” (Reception of beneficiaries, registration, preparation of space and logistics equipment and implementation of the undertaken activities).
- Implementing dissemination & visibility activities to promote the “Youth Center” and the services offered and dissemination of results.
- Searching for new volunteers for the support of the “Youth Center” activities (e-mails, announcements, phone communication).
- Attending Greek language courses on the OLS Platform of the European Commission.
- Attending weekly monitoring and evaluation meetings with the task coordinator and the mentor.
|Coordinating / Hosting Organisation||Partner / Sending Organisations|
|KEAN – Cell of Alternative Youth Activities (Greece)||ASOCIACION BUILDING BRIDGES (Spain)|
|PLANBE PLAN IT BE IT (Cyprus)|
|ASSOCIAZIONE EUROPALMENTE (Italy)|
|ADEL – Association for Development, Education and Labour (Slovakia)|
What do we provide?
- Accommodation in the city center of Athens
- Food allowance
- Pocket money
- Monthly Transportation Card
- Personal Support from a Mentor and Task-related support from a Task Coordinator
- Youthpass Certificate at the end of your volunteering period
If you want to offer your voluntary services and have a real and valuable positive affect on young people, communities and society, to further develop your professional and personal skills, to gain more knowledge and confidence, to improve your English and learn a new language, meet new people, make new friendships and have fun then don’t waste time; APPLY NOW!
Please check the INFO KIT of the project for further information and if you are interested in joining the project, please complete and submit the Online Application Form according to your country of residence before the 1st of September 2019.
Online Application Form for Spanish participants: https://forms.gle/T8jveq499HUkdLjt5
Online Application Form for Cypriot participants: https://forms.gle/uDS6VdsdtnaophXMA
Online Application Form for Italian participants: https://forms.gle/35NXm3EF71MgeEq47
Online Application Form for Slovakian participants: https://forms.gle/Eems8CoGy9aLgPHZ9
When the process of the collection of the applications will be completed, Skype Meetings with candidates will be conducted!