Launch of the Project
“STRATEGIC THINKING ON DIVERSITY MANAGEMENT AND INCLUSION AT THE WORKPLACE”
We are happy and proud to introduce a new European project Strategic thinking on diversity management and inclusion at the workplace (DIMAIN).
The DIMAIN project aims to promote social inclusion and ensure equal opportunities for all people in working environments through fostering diversity thinking and implementation of inclusive practices in the companies and organizations.
The consortium consists of six European partner-organizations (Lithuania, Latvia, Cyprus & Greece) and covers a wide range of expertise and experience related to the diversity, promotion and protection of human rights and equal oppurtunities, training and professional development and many more.
Due to the demographic, social, and economic changes in Europe, workforce is becoming more and more diverse. In the face of such a workforce diversity, it becomes important for national and global companies to put in place policies and practices to build an inclusive and harmonious workplace, to adopt working environment where each employee would feel dignified regardless to his/her ethnicity, religious views, social status or age, and to integrate them into mainstream personnel.
The consortium recognizes that the right to diversity should be incorporated not only in the entire range of processes, strategies, and actions of the companies but in its corporate culture and the society in general.
DISCRIMINATION IN REQRUITMENT PRACTICES
Eurobarometer (2015). Discrimination in the EU.
- To launch, host, and manage the National Diversity Charter in partner countries, which will create awareness, go a long way towards managing diversity, and promote inclusion.
- To develop and disseminate a Practical Guide, approaches, and activities that will support inclusion and diversity and ultimately reduce discrimination and social inequality within the workplace and wider society.
- To provide training and professional development to managers, HR, personnel specialists, and adult educators, equipping them with the necessary knowledge, attitudes and competences to successfully manage and support diversity and inclusion at the workplace;
- To provide an OER platform that enables the target group and stakeholders to develop networks of practitioners who implement diversity management and inclusion practices, measures and/or policies.
Outputs of the Project
- Raising awareness, informing, and communicating: the Diversity Charter and the Guide;
- The Diversity Management and Inclusion Training Program;
- The On-line Collaborative Platform.
The implementation of the project has already begun with the 1st Project meeting – Kick-off Meeting taking place in Vilnius in Lithuania, where also partners set the work plan. Within April 2018, the 2nd Project Meeting will be held in Nicosia in Cyprus, while the next stages of the project will include Preparation activities to launch Diversity Charter and the Design of the Practical Guide and Diverstity & Inclusion Training Program.
Facebook Page: @dimai.eu
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project Number: 2017-1-LT01-KA202-035236